• Virginia Carrieri, Program Chair, AAUW / El Cerrito:
"We loved you! And we enjoyed your presentation ever so much! Believe me, we will look forward to having you come again!"
• Kathryn Swanson, Women's Resource Center, California Lutheran University:
"Creative Options was attended by 700 women and the response was overwhelmingly positive.
Ingrid was lively, articulate and inspiring, which is just what we wanted for the opening session of our day!"
• Doris Pichley, National League of American Pen Women, Sacramento Branch:
"It was a delight and honor to meet you! You represent the cream of Pen Women, whether formally one of us or not. We have not had such a response since I have been in Pen Women--six years!
• Emilie Reedy, Governor, Soroptimists International, Sierra Nevada Region:
"You are one great lady - I enjoyed your presentation even more the second time than the first - and you really closed our regional conference with such a warm emotional presentation!
I have received letters from Soroptimist visitors to our region from Arizona and other places that intend to contact you for some of their special programs.
• Patsy Ferguson, Soroptimists, Elk Grove:
"I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed you and your presentation. You really "knocked our socks off! Speakers and stories come and go - you and your story are so memorable that we'll never forget!"
• Carol Wagner, Soroptimists, Pleasanton:
"Your life has been a challenge, and for you to share it is really an educational experience for us all!"
• Pastor Federika, Unitarian Universalist Church/Ventura:
"What a pleasure it was meeting you and having you share your story with the congregation. Your difficulties and challenges are almost impossible to absorb. I hope that we have been added to those who celebrate with you your great courage."
• Jack Rockwell, Program Chairman, Rotary Club of Whittier:
"Words are not adequate to express the appreciation felt by our Rotarians for your superb presentation at our club. Yours was one of the best programs we have ever had."
• Wayne Jehoich, President, Rotary Club of Los Alamitos:
"We who were born and / or raised in America tend to forget how good we do have it - and your program just reminded us of it."
• Gerald Coulter, Director, Pacific Southwest Regional, Sertoma International
"Your presentation was the highlight for the La Sertoma members who attended the Saturday luncheon."
• Milt Kegley, President, Rotary Club of Oakland:
"It is inspiring to be in the presence of someone who has refused to submit to forces that might cause others to give up. We truly look forward to that Great American Novel."
• Yvonne Adan, Santa Paula Chamber of Commerce:
"Your presentation was an inspiration to all of us that even the "impossible" is possible! Good luck to you, and continue to shoot for that Pulitzer Prize!"
• Harry Boerner, President, Sertoma Club of Long Beach:
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having been our speaker at the Interservice Club Luncheon. Many personally expressed their enjoyment of your program to me."
• Edith Lessenden, AAUW / Topeka:
"Your speech to the KABA was simply fabulous! I was so proud of you and delighted to be able to hear you in person.
"You really held the audience spellbound, and when everyone gave you a standing ovation, it was just a normal response to an excellent presentation."
• Mary Johnson, ABWA / Silicon Valley Chapter:
"All our members and guests enjoyed your presentation. You shared so much of yourself with us and kept us thoroughly entertained. I am already enjoying your book."
• Christine Decker, Soroptimists/Hayward:
"Your presentation remains a topic of lively conversation, and I know that many of the ladies were deeply moved by your presentation."
• Berta Parker, AAUW / Sonoma Branch:
"What an afternoon that was two weeks ago when you were our guest speaker! Over and over again I have been hearing that that was the best and most compelling program that we have ever had!"
• Maudie Long, Soroptimists / Carson City:
"As mentioned previously, I tried to find an adjective that best describes you, but I needed three: They are remarkable, superable and fantastic!"
• Sara Dunlap, President, Women in Chambers of Commerce:
"I liked you immediately and I hope to claim you as a friend. I love your rebellious spunk!"
- and many, many others!